Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Awkward bathroom moment...

So this morning, after my usual triple tall sugar-free vanilla nonfat latte, I had to go to the bathroom, naturally. That's a lot of liquid. So I innocently stroll down the hall of my office to the Ladies. I push open the door and I'm almost immediatley knocked on my ass from the smell. It was the kind that makes you turn your head to the right a little and squint. There is no way that another human woman could have produced something so foul. I was really torn at this point...do I wet my pants (skirt) or do I brave the smell and risk someone else walking in and assuming the smell came from me?! I was in a tight spot here--I decided to risk it. For those of you that have been in this situation, this is a VERY BIG risk. A number of things could have happened: 1) Another unsuspecting victim of the smell could have walked in while I was in my stall, automatically pasting the blame on me. 2) Someone could have walked in while I was washing my hands, which blames me and puts a false face to the smell. 3) I could pass another woman, or even worse, a female coworker in the hall on their way to the bathroom, on my way out, thus again placing the smell on yours truly. I risked all 3 situations, even though it could have led to my demise and the obvious need to quit my job. I held my breath and peed faster than Annie Oakley (i'm sure she was fast at everything). I rinsed my hands and didn't even bother drying them, then walked at a mall-walker pace back to my office. I burst in out of breath and really disgusted and warned my officemate to not take the risk.

3 comments:

Christine said...

IRONICALLY enough, I had the same awkward moment last night at CR, of all places!! I went into that one-person bathroom before group, and all I saw was the back of the head of this girl speed-walking out the door and down the hall - and when I went in, I knew why! hahahahaha!

Dale . Val . Cruz . Willow said...

what if the office friend you warned not to go in there was the person that actaul made the foul smell? She is never going to poop at work again.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.